- Create a list of goals: define your goals, then prioritise and break them down into smaller more accomplishable goals.
- Keep a daily to-do list: Having a written list of the tasks helps to ensure we don’t miss anything important, it is also useful to track your progress which will motivate you to achieve more.
- Think positively: having negative feelings towards your goals or the steps required to accomplish them makes them seem a lot less achievable. Try to maintain a positive mindset and the same goal will then seem much more manageable for you.
- Inspiration Board: Get a cork board and pin up pictures and even a list of things you want to do, see, experience etc. Look at the board regularly to motivate yourself to achieve these things.
- Removing distractions: You can help to become more motivated simply be removing the possibility to engage in other actions.
- Find inspiration: if you’re trying to motivate yourself to write more content for your blog or do more study for university consider finding some pretty stationary to keep yourself interested.
- Build yourself on small successes: reward yourself for accomplishing something small and this may then motivate you to do more.
- Think about the benefits: thinking about the difficulties in reaching a certain goal or completing a specific goal can demotivate me, so try only thinking about the benefits and even consider writing them down.